With a twenty-plus-year track record of consistently exceeding
business communications/public relations expectations for Fortune 500 corporations; individual clients, and governmental agencies, Jean Kirshenbaum
offers excellence in a variety of business communications areas.
Corporate communications/Public relations and journalism expertise
§ Served as a speechwriter for 5 CEOs in diverse industries.
§ Developed numerous strategic communication plans that effectively managed company reputations.
§ Established close working relationships with hundreds of broadcast and print media representatives.
§ Managed numerous Fortune 50 local, regional and national media campaigns, which increased positive media coverage.
§ Handled major communications crises that counteracted negative publicity.
Demonstrated strengths and abilities in the following areas:
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR SERVICES, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW:
- Achieving "Trusted Advisor" Status
- Acting as a Company Spokesperson
- Managing Crisis Communications
- Creating High Quality Website Content
- Electronic, Video and Print Communications
- Media/Government and Community Relations
- Written, Verbal & Formal Presentation Skills;
- Executive speechwriting
- Establishing Shared Communications Visions
- Graphics and Production Management; Special
- Event Planning/Promotion.
Services from Jean Kirshenbaum:
- Public Relations/Media Relations
- Annual Reports (write, produce, manage)
- Business Communications
- Crisis Communications
- Strategic communications planning
- Corporate/Marketing/Financial Communications
- Writing, editing, speechwriting
- Internet/Intranet Content
- Graphics/Production Management
- Project and staff management
MANAGEMENT PERSPECTIVES, Wyndmoor, Pennsylvania 1998 to Present
Communications Consultant (self employed) - Primary duties focus on serving as Communication Practice Leader for an independent consulting firm specializing in marketing and corporate communications, project management, management development, and instructional design and training.
* Designed and developed, on a rush basis with weekend turnaround, collateral material in support of a new call center and online investment services initiative for a specific asset class for Merrill Lynch.
* Created and implemented a public relations campaign for Jadico and Associates in support of new airport services at Trenton/Mercer Airport. As a result, the company gained new exposure in target markets.
* Developed departmental website content for Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, which proved instrumental in highlighting lending and financial information services to consumers, local governments and nonprofit organizations.
* Developed concept and produced content for website segment on stroke while writing newsletter articles on a variety of health topics for Abington Memorial Hospital.
* Directed design, developed concept and produced content for new brochure on behavioral health services for Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital; brochure was distributed to all departments of the hospital and residents of the communities served by the hospital
FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) 2005
Public Affairs Specialist - Responsible for producing Region III Annual Report. Also responsible
for notification of states and congressional districts of funding for local fire departments, and other projects as they arise. At disaster sites, develop information for press releases and handle other communications needs as they arise.
LEVLANE ADVERTISING & PUBLIC RELATIONS, Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania 2001 to 2002
Director of Public Relations - Scope of duties consisted of overseeing a staff of 4 account executives responsible for working on diverse B2B and retail accounts.
Successfully retained 5 major PR clients by providing them with strategic communications planning, counseling, and implementation, as well as effective media relations. Clients included PMA Insurance Group, Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, SunGard Availability Services.
FUTURETECH CONSULTING, INC., West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania 2000 to 2001
Senior Communications Analyst - Accountable for designing, directing, and implementing strategic internal communications programs for high technology, e-commerce, and other mid-sized corporate clients.
* For Astra Zeneca Pharmaceuticals, provided up-to-the-minute information on tight deadlines for national sales force in support of national sales to physicians nationwide. In 2005, produced business documention of new, experimental sales approaches to physicians.
* For Safeguard Scientifics, formulated in two days a comprehensive internal communications plan that backed the company's major rollout of new corporate-wide information technology.
* Launched a weekly online information link for company portal with a focus on information and features that explained the new operating system and its value to the business and its employees. Produced editorial material for 8 weekly online editions.
* Directed graphics and production for collateral materials in support of a desktop training program, including posters, flyers, e-mail announcements, reference card, and tile coaster. Subsequently, the employee community was made highly aware of training opportunities so that they could become functional with new computer applications.
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (2005): wrote a business documentation report re: new experiments in sales programs.
SUMMIT BANK, Princeton, New Jersey 1998 to 2000
Director, Year 2000 Communications & Customer Awareness - As a consultant, responsible for designing and directing a broad-scale customer awareness program crafted to preserve bank deposits during pending Y2K crisis. Project involved developing media relations, special events, advertising, branch merchandising, community relations, employee training, and internal communications.
* Conducted a highly successful Y2K public relations campaign that proved instrumental in reducing withdrawals from retail accounts, which were lower than in any prior year.
* Obtained consistent media coverage in national, local, and regional print/broadcast media, including Associated Press, KYW-TV news, NJN (New Jersey Public Television & Radio), Philadelphia Inquirer, Newark Star Ledger.
* Developed curriculum and implemented company-wide Y2K customer service training sessions for 10,000 retail and commercial bank employees, which was held during a 4-week period.
ARCO CHEMICAL COMPANY, Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 1992 to 1998
Director of Financial Communications - Key responsibilities centered on managing the company's financial communications to investors and analysts while serving as chief writer and financial communications counsel for the CEO and CFO. Additionally, launched and administered the company's corporate website.
* Promoted the company's revamped marketing efforts to investors and Wall Street analysts, which resulted in a better understanding by Wall Street of the company's new directions.
* Produced 6 award-winning annual reports (1995 annual report - Nicholson Award; #7 Sid Cato evaluation; 1994 annual report - Financial World, Nicholson Award).
CONSOLIDATED RAIL CORPORATION, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1980 to 1992
Director, Media Communications/Assistant Director, Corporate Communications - Charged with managing staff of 5 in marketing, corporate, and employee relations programs, while preparing executive speeches, testimony/position papers and developing approach, content, tone, and style for annual reports/brochures. Supervised design, photography, and production of various publications; managed production of videos, films, and slide presentations; coordinated events (including annual meeting of Conrail's top 300 managers); and contributed to internal/external publications.
*Revamped company's procedures for handling crisis communications with national media, including the major outlets - New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post. Result: a better working relationship with reporters and more positive media coverage.
* Established a pilot media relations program for Conrail's divisions across a 14-state operating territory that successfully improved the company's image at the community level. By enlisting the cooperation of regional operating managers, this effort dramatically changed the company's posture from one of "no comment" to open communications.
* Succeeded in improving Conrail's corporate image through meetings with editorial boards and by developing strong contacts with local media covering field operations.
* Promoted company's key messages designed to encourage customer and political support on key issues, including railroad deregulation and return to private-sector ownership.
* Served as corporate advocate and spokesperson, advising senior management and dealing with the media, particularly in crisis circumstances (derailments, accidents and fatalities, and political/community relations controversies).
Prior experience in journalism as a newspaper reporter for a small daily in Charlottesville, VA; and as an editor for a trade journal; and in intergovernmental relations/public relations for the U.S. Conference of Mayors.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
B.A., American Literature
The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
Internet Advertising Services by